You should always follow safe handling practices when feeding a raw diet to your pet, the same way you would with meat products you would consume (wash hands/surfaces, eliminate cross-contamination, etc.). As far as your dog getting sick from bacteria; this is a myth. Dog saliva contains a bacteria-killing enzyme. In addition, raw-fed dogs do not have plaque on their teeth (which kibble causes), making it a less habitable place for bacteria to thrive. The bacteria does not remain in the mouth of a raw-fed dog, therefore you won’t get sick from your dog interacting with you after eating their raw meal.